PDA

View Full Version : First letter

GetBack
12-22-2008, 07:29 PM
First of all, I love this idea. I have written my ex twice and then kept the letters. The first one I wrote, I've reread multiple times and have made many changes to it. Here's where it stands now:

I need some closure on the end of our relationship so I decided to do what I know how to do well and that

SuperDave71
12-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Excellent job Getback.

-SuperDave71

xxSPHYNXxx
12-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Amazing well writtten heartfelt letter.

BRAVO!

xxSPHYNXxx

GetBack
12-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Thank you for the support. I did almost send this letter on more than one occasion, but I don't know if I should. I'm going to let Christmas and New Year's pass and if I still feel the need to talk to her, I'll call. Otherwise, I'm okay with myself. This forum has been a huge help. Thank you all.

myfavoriteword
12-23-2008, 03:31 AM
I actually started a thread on here last week called "A Letter" but i stopped writing because the only thing I could say was "I loved you so much..." and i couldn't really write anything else..

Our feelings about our exes are a liiiiitle different, but for the most part, you've articulated what i'm feeling so thanks. i hope it felt better for you to get that out.

also - i've been reading your posts and i'm really sorry it's so tough right now. i just want you to know that whenever the time comes for you to let her go fully, you will.. i really believe that. you can't force it, and i think for 2 months you are doing very very well.

about actually sending the letter - in my opinion, it's a bad idea. although your intentions are genuine and sincere, i think you'll get hurt in the end if you send this letter to her. better to share it with us. stay strong =)

Tiggerinlondon
12-23-2008, 08:38 PM
:iagree:

Best to share these things with us. Anyone who still has the "need" or "urge" to call an ex is IME (in my experience) not ready to talk to them. I suggest you keep the focus on yourself.

Happy holidays.

Reegan
12-26-2008, 06:49 PM
I've spent the past couple of weeks wondering how we got to this point, how it got so bad? How you could lie to me for months, then after I confronted you about your lies, you seemed so sorry, said all the right things about being sorry and how it was a mistake to lie about working on her house, swear it was only business and nothing else. Ask me to try again, to forgive you, only to continue to lie to me after I said I would try...

What was that about? Did you want both of us? That's what it seems like...
I just don't understand why? When things went bad in July you were free and clear to walk away but you didn't, WHY?

Did lying to both of us make you feel important? And if it did why? It isn't wrong to love someone, but it's wrong to lie about it.

How could you? What did I do to deserve this? I tried so hard to be supportive and understading about your work, friends, family and kids...
I would have done anything for you and knowing that you used me...

I don't understand how I missed this part of you so completely, and how after you hurt me this much it was still all about you and your ex.. I know that now it wasn't about business, or the fact that she was going to sue you for breach of contract or whatever other lame excuse you told me...

You are such a selfish, thoughtless and damaged person, you wouldn't change anything to help me work thru this... So we're ended things...

So knowing this is the right thing, why do I hurt so much? miss you so much?

How do I let this go and stop hurting?