Points required for next Level: 34
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Overall activity: 0%
    Level

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Ive tried it !

Hey folks,

Well I gave this a go some time ago, would have to say although this isnt for everyone I found it fine.

I met a few nice girls on the site, we had a laugh and I met up with a few of them, although nothing really came of it, the overall experience was good fun.

Two of the girls I did meet however we are now good friends, so a worthwhile experience id say !

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 18%,
    Points required for next Level: 248
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 248
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Happy

That's great to hear. Sometimes online dating doesn't work out but sometimes it does. Like you said, you can also end up making some good friends from online dating. So even if it doesn't turn into a relationship at least you got to meet someone new as long as their not too crazy. LOL.

Actually, I met my boyfriend through Facebook and we've been together over a year.

I also have a pretty cool movie buddy that I meet up with still that I met during the time my bf and I were broken up. Which I met him through the platonic friends ad thing on craigslist. Haha.

It just depends on the person if they like online dating or not. Sometimes it can be tiring but sometimes it can be fun too.

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 85%,
    Points required for next Level: 31
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Happy

I agree! Timing is everything... weather person to person, online, blind dates... all of it!

Darryl, good for you, "keep walking" thru those doors....one day you will find your "happiness"!

Stay "safe"!

xxSPHYNXxx

Everything will be ok in the end, if it's not ok, then it's not the end

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

HUGS!

Level completed: 53%,
    Points required for next Level: 94
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Level
    My Mood
    Pensive

I met my current boyfriend on RSVP. We have been together 8 months now. Was kinda odd as I was taking down my profile after 2 weeks as it wasn't for me. Had too many weirdos contact me. Kinda fate that we met.

He was the same, was over the whole internet thing and taking his profile down too. We met and clicked right away, but it was mainly because our profiles were different to other people's but similar to each other. We were honest and upfriont with the things we wanted. We talked about our passions and dislikes and didn't make up some story to please other people. Niether of us had a problem with 'baggage' either.

So many people write that on their internet dating profiles, NO BAGGAGE!' So unrealistic!! Everyone has it and we both use the fact that we have a past to understand one another better.

I guess I was lucky. I never ever thought I'd meet someone I love so dearly on a dating site.

Oh yeah, one of my really great male friends I met on RSVP. There was never any romatic spark between us but we are great friends.
    Last edited by Frangipani; 12-01-2008 at 12:58 AM.

Gold Member
    Level completed: 92%,
    Points required for next Level: 13
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Level

I've met the last several men I've dated on dating sites! As a matter of fact, I don't know when the last time was I went out with someone that I met in a more 'traditional' way. The thing with online dating is there are A LOT of weirdos out there and sometimes I just can't believe the creeps that write me. But I think if you are patient and don't have unrealistic expectations, it could turn out to be a good avenue to check out.
    "Some love stories aren't epic novels, some are short stories. But, that doesn't make them any less filled with love." ~ Carrie Bradshaw

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." ~ Semisonic

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 85%,
    Points required for next Level: 31
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Happy

I think the dating sites have come a long way from where they started....You can meet "weirdos" the traditional way too....If you take your time, get to know them a bit before you do meet out with them and by all means "stay safe"!

I have heard some pretty hilarious stories from my friends in both regards to the sites...just keep your eyes open as with anything....if something doesnt seem right, it probably isnt~

xxSPHYNXxx

Everything will be ok in the end, if it's not ok, then it's not the end

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.

HUGS!

Freshman Member
    Level completed: 14%,
    Points required for next Level: 130
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 130

Level

Hey guys, question for those of you familiar to Internet Dating...

I've been talking to a guy on there for about a month and we send each other fairly decent length messages; however, he's 24, works full time doing taxes and just bought his own house so his responses take about 3-5 days. Its also tax season, so I completely understand him being held up a lot of the time. He's a local guy, we have friends in common so I know he's a genuine person. Here's the thing: I'm 22, I'm not looking to play games, but I also don't want to make myself too available. I've been waiting a couple of hours to respond after reading his messages (which usually include an apology for taking a little longer to reply or just makes up for it in length of response/asks questions about my interests etc), but should I be waiting longer? Is there an etiquette to it if your only form of communication is e-mailing through the site?

Thread Information