Thread: Dating After 30

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group25000 Experience Points10000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Lightbulb Dating After 30

Life really does get better with age. Learn the benefits of dating over the age of 30 in the article below. Dating over 30 can be amazing for both sexes. Even better, there are some amazing dating opportunities that are ideally suited to those that are entering into a more 'grown up' stage in their lives. You will experience no shortage of great dating possibilities and will find a wide range of choices available no matter where you live.

When dating in your thirties and beyond there is a whole new world of dating. You may miss the sweaty palms and fluttering stomachs that were nearly constant companions to your dating experiences in your teens and twenties but it is replaced by a more mature sense of anticipation. You no longer have that overwhelming need or desire for approval but can replace it with longing for adult companionship and a different type of relationship that is deeper and more abiding than most relationships you experience in younger years. Being comfortable in your own skin means that your dating partner can be comfortable in their own skin as well, and isn't that the joy of dating at an older age!

Benefit From a Little Seasoning

Life throws a few curve balls in your direction by the time you reach your thirties. This means that you have the opportunity to take those hard hits and let them soften you up a bit around the edges. All of the triumphs and heartbreaks you go through leave their own touch of seasoning behind making you a much more flavorful delight to those who get to know you. The same thing can be said of your over-thirty date.

The Mirror Doesn't Seem as Important

Perhaps the biggest benefit of dating in your thirties is that you are both beginning to understand that real attraction, true attraction, is so much more than skin deep. In other words, the mirror doesn't seem to matter nearly as much as other details about both of you that are only revealed over time. This is one reason that speed dating services are really a disservice to everyone involved. They only allow the opportunity to discover instant attractions, which are rarely anything other than fleeting.

More Personal Relationships Develop With Age

It's true, as we age we tend to place more value on the people in our lives. Friends and family take on new and deeper meanings in our lives. This value spills over into romantic or potentially romantic relationships as well. Your relationships are going to become deeper on a personal level
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

Level completed: 62%,
    Points required for next Level: 76
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Awards:
    User with most referrers
    Level
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Well, I'm sorry but don't agree with some parts of the article.
    I think dating for a woman when you are 30 + is harder. Why? Because now you are looking a partner for your future and don't want to lose your time with anyone that don't fit your needs. Women’s in her 30's are looking for a family, marriage and is not often when you find a partner single, 30+ with the same goals.
    Most of the guys that are single at 30+ are or divorced or single because they just don't want a commitment relationship. Just want to have fun. And those that do want a future and are looking for a partner, are hard to find...

Also there's a prejudgment for single 30+ women’s that they are an old maid or they are in a hurry because they are in their last years for having a baby and need a guy for getting her pregnant (not my case at all!!!!!!!!!!).
    This is what I've heard from my male friends...

In the other hand, I do believe that you have more chances to develop a serious relationship when you find the right partner because you have more experience in life and again you are not interesting in loosing your time with the wrong person.

Just my experience in my country :thinking1:
    Sorry for my bad english but it's not my native lenguaje:o

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 38%,
    Points required for next Level: 312
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Achievements:
    Your first Group5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Goofy

I think this is a huge generalization. Not everybody pursues superficial relationships in their 20s, and not every body pursues meaningful relationships in their 30s. Being single and over 30 isn't as rare anymore as it used to be - these days people have other things they want to accomplish first before marriage/family/etc. I don't think it's a requirement that you be married by the time you're 30. Putting a timeline on your life usually winds up in disappointment.
    "Are tangerines really just oranges that didn't want it enough?" - Random Greeting Card

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Your first Group25000 Experience Points10000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Glad I only COPIED the article. I think Kelley and Romi would have beaten me other wise! ha ha

-SuperDave71
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 38%,
    Points required for next Level: 312
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Achievements:
    Your first Group5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Goofy

Yer darn tootin'!

And I'm still not COMPLETELY ruling out the possibility of a HEADLOCK, Dave - JUST BECAUSE I CAN! HA!
    "Are tangerines really just oranges that didn't want it enough?" - Random Greeting Card

Level completed: 53%,
    Points required for next Level: 94
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Level
    My Mood
    Pensive

Yeah...it just gets harder and harder I recon.

I am 41 this year and the number of quality people lessens all the time as you get older. People are already married, or complete nutbags. There are some nice, normal people, like myself, but they get harder to come by. The guys that are single mostly have children already and if they don't have kids, they still want them, even up to 50!! That's really hard for me being nearly 41, as I don't even know if I can HAVE kids and feel my time is past, not because I can't physically have kids, just because I don't want to be an 'old' mum if my kids were in their teens.

I have met people through internet dating that I REALLY clicked with...one in particular who is everything I would want and the chemistry is amazing without even being a couple, but he is only 34 and wants kids and broke up with his ex (who is already 41 now) because he was worried she wouldn't be able to have kids in the future with him...because of her age. We are great friends, but he told me a while back that he 'couldn't date me for that reason, even though I was everything he wanted in a partner'. Aaarrrrrrrrrrgggg!

It is really important to so many men, even in their late 30s, but they are all looking for younger women. So what do you do? I feel like I will never find anyone. It's NOT easy dating in you 30s...or now in my case....40s. Most of the men I am attracted to to are younger than me, because I feel and look young myself.
    True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist,
    Nor can it be hidden where it truly does.

Freshman Member
    Level completed: 41%,
    Points required for next Level: 59
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entry100 Experience Points7 days registered500 Experience Points250 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries

Some points I agree w/ other points not so much, mainly on life has softened you up, maybe I'm the odd one out here but my life hasn't lent much time to softening up, if anything it's had the opposite effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freshman Member
    Level completed: 43%,
    Points required for next Level: 29
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered31 days registered250 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level

I think it's difficult to date after 30. I'm 50, a widow and "dating" has turned into "situationships."
    I've done the online thing, I've gone out and met people, and it all seems the same, regardless of the age.
    Just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information