Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They are everywhere you !

suzie q

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

HAHAHAHA! you crack me up. i tend to enjoy southern men or men who have the southern mentality. i'm quite a traditional girl, actually, so i like the whole look of a guy from the south. if he has a little accent, that's even better. this guy had the accent, the look, AND the terrible pick up line.

josh, you're totally right about the women there--everyone is so put together. they all have this wonderful curled hair that's all big. they definitely have pageant syndrome down there. i feel totally under-done when i'm there. haha.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 38%,
    Points required for next Level: 312
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Goofy

You know, I've lived in the South for over 20 years, and still the southern accent kinda bothers me. I'm originally from Ohio, and I've kept that boring Midwestern dialect. Although it is nice down here when men DO hold the door open for you, and it's considered rude if you don't acknowledge people on the street when you walk past them (at the very least smile and nod, if not say "Hello" or "Good morning). Charleston ain't rated the #1 friendliest city in the country for nothin'! It should be easy to meet guys here when you're a 20-something, but my lifestyle while I'm in school is very...monastic, and sometimes I feel like all the book learning is intimidating to most guys around here, so that makes me less attractive. Sniffle.

Whenever I want an ego-boost, I go do my work at the library at the Citadel (my MA program is a joint program between the Citadel and another school). There you have all the cadets who haven't seen a woman NOT in uniform in months. Wear a v-neck and they gawk, and they also stand there holding the library door open for you before you've even gotten out of your car. Granted, they stare pretty unabashedly at a particular area of my torso that is not generally a PC place to stare at, but, hey, they're sweet.

thatdoggirl

Citadel? Weird... that is what security company I work for... even though I work AT a Fed Ex.

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Your first Group5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Goofy

Yeah, I know it's weird. I'm getting a degree from a military college and I don't even need to wear a uniform.

My brother graduated from West Point - he never stops making fun of me.

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Your first Group25000 Experience Points10000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

<-- Is standing at attention and will be holding the door for ANY lady regardless.

That is just me of course.

-SuperDave71
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

thirdeyevest

Hey dudes from Ohio cant hold doors open because we cant figure them out....I mean do you push or do you pull?........At least we try ;)

suzie q

Hahahahahhahahahahah!

xxSPHYNXxx

LMAO!

:fenster:

Super Moderator
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Goofy

Josh - Around here, they actually put up signs that tell you whether to push or pull. I feel that's awfully considerate. Ohio should really get with the program.

My cat seems to think that if you stare at the door long enough, it'll open by itself, but I think that's a very inefficient system.

The last time I got hit on was by my friend's "friend with benefits" a few months back. I thought he was a tool the moment I met him, although he was pretty excited that I was a Capricorn because I'm apparently the perfect astrological match to his Virgo self. At one point that night he put his hand on my thigh, at which point I turned to him, deadpan, and calmly said, "Please don't ever touch me again." This all happened in front of my friend at the time. She thought it was hilarious, and he's been terrified of me ever since.

thatdoggirl

Yay! Capricorns! I'm a cappie too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information