Thread: Hearts do heal

Freshman Member
    Level completed: 16%,
    Points required for next Level: 42
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassOverdrive7 days registered250 Experience Points

Level
    My Mood
    Pensive

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Hearts do heal

Hi all,

I know it's common that once people have healed they seldom return to this site, but this community has helped me tremendously and I would like to pay it forward!

Sorry it's taken me this long, but I've been busy!

I'm no SuperDave or Dan or the like, but I am offering my support!

My story (in brief):
    7.5 months ago my heart was broken from my break-up with a girl I dated for 3 years. Those 3 years we shared our lives and gave everything we had to the relationship, but as God would have it, it wasn't meant to be. God had a different plan for me!

Even though I see it so clearly now, it did take me 4 months to pick up the pieces and claim my life back! You guys will hear the catch phrase "No contact" all over this site -- there's a reason y'all... It's because it works... I am an example you can use... 7 months ago I was lost; felt I had lost the love of my life and was convinced that everything was surely going to fall apart and it would have if I hadn't taken the necessary steps to take back my power... You see, it's very easy to give away your God-given power if you let it -- simple as that -- it's a choice! I chose to take it back, so NO CONTACT was the first step!! I can admit it, at first, there was limited contact -- the random text messages and emails and I even went to places where we used to spend time together, but then I joined this community and read numerous stories and encouraging threads and STOPPED doing those things!! I have a laundry list of people to thank -- SuperDave may be the biggest of them all, but there were others!!

If you want to live a happy and fulfilled life, you can! Now I am not suggesting that it's easy when life throws you curve balls... but if you accept and embrace it as a part of life then you are more likely to be prepared for the steps that are required to deal with them... I wasn't necessarily ready, but I always had the "want" to heal and grow from it -- I have a personal relationship with God so it was easier for me -- not "easy", just "easier" =)

Taking back my power meant that I needed to claim back my heart... I picked up the pieces slowly and I started to focus on ME... I started to do everything that I always wanted to do... Workout more, I started reading again, rekindled old friendships and made new ones... I placed the focus back on ME... There is no greater love than love for self... Speaking of books, there are a couple I would like to recommend: 1) Radical Acceptance by Tara Brach and 2) Getting the love you want by Harville Hendrix! If you plan on taking my recommendation, I suggest you read Radical Acceptance first because that book foces on "Self love"! She's an amazing author and has studied this area for years! The second book provides advice on how to find and manage a healthy loving relationship.

I broke my promise of making this brief... but I wanted to emphasize the "power" that is within your grasp! God will never give us a challenge greater than we can handle, but you must have faith and take the necessary steps to make it happen!!

You can do it... SuperDave, Dan72 et. al and I believe you can!! Now go ahead and make it happen =)

Your friend
    UNCOSame

Level completed: 81%,
    Points required for next Level: 57
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

FAB post, always great to hear how people are doing. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and share your story with others who are suffering right now.

It always warms my heart to know we've made a difference, and to hear that huge lessons are learnt and enough time has passed that healing has completed. A great and very inspirational post too which will be, I'm sure, a big comfort to those hurting.

Thanks again buddy
    -Peace
    Dan

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 38%,
    Points required for next Level: 312
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Achievements:
    Your first Group5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Goofy

Thanks for sharing, Unco! I always love it when people come by and let us know they're doing better! And it's a great support to our new members with fresh wounds.
    "Are tangerines really just oranges that didn't want it enough?" - Random Greeting Card

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Your first Group25000 Experience Points10000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Uncosame,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with others that are new to our site. Your story is truly and inspiration as well as a positive one for the help and encouragement you received here at theLoveLogic. I cannot thank you enough for believing in yourself first of all and second knowing when to let go. These are some of the toughest things all of us have had to deal with it comes to a break.

I am so happy you are feeling much better now and I hope you continue (if you can find the time) to help others. I don;t have to tell you that we have the best site on the web for relationship advice as well as the most caring and loving people on the planet.

God Bless you and thank you again for finding yourself...once again.

Take care my friend,

SuperDave71
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

Thread Information