Thread: How to cope?

Freshman Member
    Level completed: 34%,
    Points required for next Level: 33
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered31 days registered250 Experience Points

Level

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default How to cope?

I'm new to this forum and come with severe heartbreak. I am angry and bitter. I want some peace. I want my life back. I am a lesbian who is legally married to another woman. We have a 18 month old daughter together. Two days after Christmas, I found out my wife was having an emotional affair with another woman whom she was encouraging me to be friends with. I have did everything to fight for my marriage.

She said she has been unhappy for well over a year and finally had enough. She never told me she was unhappy. We never argued about much, just chose to disagree with somethings. She told me she was tired of being in the house and that we needed to make time for each other, but she never offered suggestions. essentially, she told me I forgot she was here. So here I am after been hit with all this and her desire to leave.

I have been reading The Love Dare (great book for couples) and prayed daily that God would save my marriage. As of a few days ago, I have stopped praying for marriage because I believe her will to leave me is stronger than Gods will for us to stay together. She is moving from our home next Friday. Because I am an emotional mess, angry one minute, crying another and thoughts of hurting the other woman involved, I can't get a grip on reality. How do I get passed this with a daughter in the picture? I don't have an option for no contact because of our child.

So what do I do? I'm in counseling but I don't think I am getting better although he claims I am making progress. I need help. I want to run away, but I can't. I am trying to stay strong and focus on my daughter but sometimes I am worried that I can't care for her due to my pain. Any words of encouragement is appreciated.
    Last edited by SuperDave71; 03-09-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: edited for spacing

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Your first Group25000 Experience Points10000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Welcome to the forum Caneye,

I am so sorry to hear about your current situation. I am very glad you are going through couseling. From your post, it sounds like you are having a very difficult time with it. How have you been coping lately? Any changes or updates we should be aware of?

We are here to help!

Take care and keep your chin up!

-SuperDave71
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

Thread Information