Thread: I need advice from guys! Please help

Freshman Member
    Level completed: 82%,
    Points required for next Level: 9
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Level

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default I need advice from guys! Please help

Hi everyone, i have been in a relationship with my boyfriend a year now. He is usually a nice guy but he is used to living a nice life. He earns quite a lot of money so he is used to being able to buy anything he wants. Anyway a few months ago he bought a gun, its a replica(deactiated) and he says its his toy. I told him i dont want a real gun in the house as he mentioned he wanted to buy one. He said he wouldnt buy a real one if i didnt want one in the house. Last night a friend came round and my boyfriend got the gun out and said he could activate it again within minutes. I got a bit mad and said he lied to me. He got in a boo With me. He said he couldnt say anything as i would go mad. Then last night he said he wants a real gun and is buying one whether i like it or not. I am not happy about it. I said i would move out if he wants a gun more than me. He got pissed off again. He says im trying to control him and dont let him do what he wants to do. I dont see it like that. I said we live together and should decide about things like this together. Guys, what do you think? Am i being a bitch not wanting him to keep a gun in the house? Forgot to mention he wants to keep it by the bed. I think its strange. What do you think i should do??? And to top it all off, hes the one making me feel like its all my fault. Please i need your advice! Thanks

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Your first Group25000 Experience Points10000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Susie1,

I can certainly understand your concern over the gun. I know it is his house but the fact is, he is not listening to what you are saying. Does he have ANY justification to by a gun? ( Was he robbed, beat up or lack that macho image maybe his friends have?) To have a weapon in the home SHOULD be a compromise between two adults rather than a "I don't care what you say". Did you express WHY you didn't want the gun in the house? This could have been a matter of HOW you said it rather than what you said.

If you can reason with your boyfriend, maybe he would listen rather than just assume you were making a demand rather than a request.

Hope this helps,

SuperDave71
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

Freshman Member
    Level completed: 82%,
    Points required for next Level: 9
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 9
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered31 days registered3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Level

Thanks for a quick reply, the house is ours, he always says the house is as much his as is mine, we rent together. I said i dont feel comfortable with a gun next to our bed, i asked him for a reason why he needed a gun and he said because he just wants one, no other reason. I really dont see why he needs a gun?

Freshman Member
    Level completed: 72%,
    Points required for next Level: 14
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level

I felt the same way at one point until I was showed how to use it and know everything about it and shoot it. The way things r today I think that people who actually learn about them and r using them for right reasons and safety should have one. I didn't wanna touch them I was scared of them until one day I needed one. I'm so glad I learned I own 3 2 nines and a pink 380 I love shooting it at the gun range. U would not believe how much people make it look like guns r bad. It's the people who get them for wrong reasons I think u should really give it a try if someone broke in the house and he was being hurt and u could get it u need to know how to use it so u could save his and ur life. It dosent matter where u live anymore people will hurt anyone. But that's my two cents

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Freshman Member
    Level completed: 72%,
    Points required for next Level: 14
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level

Guns have a safety and they half to be loaded and one in the chamber to go off and some has to pull the trigger I slept w mine when I was pregnant I knew where it was and even if someone tried to attack me I could grab it and know what I'm doing b4 they saw it coming. Just give it a try if u love this guy obviously something hit home for him. And he feels safer w it make sure he knows how to use it and then it's something both of u would have fun and feel safe

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Thread Information