Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points
    Level

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Confused

Ok so my situation is kind of crazy... I dated a man for a year and it was very bumpy and exhausting. At the beginning it was so magical and extremely special. Shortly after we started talking I lied to him about my past. Relationships and just things that I was afraid to talk about with him. I was hanging out with an older man and he was giving me rides to work. I did not tell my ex about this because I was afraid that he would think something was going on between us when there was most certainly not. Not in any kind of romantic manner. He found out about this guy (which happened before we even got together and because I didn't mention him at all I was now lying about everything. I admit I lied about my past and came clean but the damage ruined us. A year goes by with fighting and it finally ended. We did have some really great times together and I do love him deeply. Honest truth is this. Sadly this relationship with him is as normal of a relationship as I have ever had. I believe he loves me but how he is showing it hurts real bad. The break up. He told me that he was moving on and everything I know now about getting an ex back and what not to do, well I did everything what not to do. I begged I pleaded I contacted him non stop I tried to make him jealous I tried everything. He started seeing someone else and I knew about it. He agreed that we could be friends and work on us. Told me that they were just friends. I found out that they were more than just friends and it crushed me he lied to me. He asked me to promise that I would not see anyone else and only work on me and taking care of me. While he dated her and saw me on the side. Told me he was with her and if I wanted to we could still work on us. I stupidly agreed to this knowing it was wrong. I tried to break it off so many times telling him we could just be friends until he was single but every time hr begged me back. Told me he could not loose me and that I'm abandoning him and not standing by his side. Being a woman I felt like I was supposed to be by his side no matter what. So I kept allowing him to pull me back in. This went on for months me pulling away him pulling me back in. All I could do is think about him being with her and it infuriated me to the point i started to really hate him. He kept telling me to not think it concern myself with his relationship and to focus on working on us. I started seeing a guy online and well fave my number out to a guy. I told my ex about it and he flipped out. Saying I broke my promise and I let him down. He because emotionally disgusted with me and broke down and told me I broke his heart. Since then he daily makes comments towards me about not cheating. In his eyes I did cheat even though he is in another relationship with someone else. He is afraid I am going to find someone like I did in the past that will hurt me again and feels he is looking out for me... How am I supposed to handle things from this point? I do want him back not because I need him but because despite all the bad, he has helped me see and become the better woman I am today. Please help!

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 80%,
    Points required for next Level: 60
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy

Jennywhitte,

I feel bad for you. This is not a stable situation. IMHO (in my humble opinion) he is using you. From my POV you need to let go of him. You can find someone much better, who will love you and be kind to you and be yours alone. Until you are ready to accept this, you will continue to put up with his b.s.

Some behaviours are just not acceptable. Everyone has their flaws, however cheating is not generally considered a flaw, in my view, it is a reason to break it off and never see him again. How can you trust someone again, who thinks this is ok?

My advice? Tell him it's over, tell him not to communicate with you in any form, remove him from all your social media, block him on your phone & im applications and try to forget about him. Either he will come to his senses and stop wasting his time with that other woman, break up with her & try to work things out with you. Or the truth of the matter, that he was keeping you hanging on as a back up, will come out.

Good luck.

All the best,
    Annita
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." Buddha

Freshman Member
    Level completed: 76%,
    Points required for next Level: 24
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class7 days registeredOverdrive31 days registered

Level

Hi Jennywhitte. I agree with Tiggerinlondon. He is keeping his options open with you and plays you. You need to stop all contact and let him decide what he wants. Whether its the woman he is with now or to work on the relationship with you. Its not fair on you to be in this situation.
    Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thread Information