Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default How does he feel about his ex

She is pregnant he tells me she is his best friend but i have nothing to worry about as he does not believe in getting back together with exs and he broke up with her. He still has pictures of them on his facebook. We were talking one day and he said "what would you do if I was stuck somewhere and your car broke down how would you help me?" I said "well I do not know how to catch the bus." He said "well (exs name) would jump on the bus no questions asked." They were together for 4 years and had not been broken up for very long when we started dating. And the baby she is pregnant with is his first baby.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 86%,
    Points required for next Level: 56
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Renaplzhelp,

I think it's less important what we think and much more important what you think and feel. I feel from reading your writing that you don't feel it is appropriate to be comparing you to his ex and that he is too close to his ex. This is something I advise you be careful about. It's not always a good idea to get into a relationship with someone when they have only just ended one. Often that person needs time and space to re-establish themselves as an individual person. And sometimes when people break up, it doesn't mean that it's over. Look at Pink for heaven's sake, she got divorced and then remarried to her ex. He is the father of her child and that means that they will need to interact. He needs to be properly invested in the relationship with you, to not end up being pulled back into his ex's life. It's difficult to be sure he is not with you as a safety net, why did you get together? How long have you been together now? Sometimes you need to look at the reasons for why you are asking questions and how you feel in order to work out what you want to do next.

Good luck.

All the best,

Annita

Thread Information