Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it wrong to,...

suzie q

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

cheddar popcorn is delicious! and it's actual a lowER calorie snack than most chips and such.

Swimfan

I say try 2 pecan rolls..yum!

stephen576

I miss American snacks need to go back soon remember when i went over on holiday to Miami and i was mesmarized at all the variety of sweets,,yum yum i loved those pink fluffy things and wow !!!! the size of Crisps or should i say chips outstanding. Best food ever.....Must go back....Must go back ...thats my impression of Homer Simpson DOH!!!!!!

thatdoggirl

Quote Originally Posted by stephen576 View Post
    i loved those pink fluffy things and wow !!!!
    Cotton Candy??? If so, I LOOOOOVE cotton candy. Mmm!

I've never been to Europe but one day I'd love to travel all over Europe and try all the food. I want to know what real non-american food is like.

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 38%,
    Points required for next Level: 312
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Goofy

Cotton candy is WAY too sweet for me...but one thing I miss in the South are those little soft-serve ice cream stands. You'd think since it's so friggin' hot down here they have them all over. My biggest weakness is soft-serve ice cream. In those little cheap cones. Beautiful.

Went to a McDonald's in Ireland once and was surprised to see that they put different things in the McFlurry over there. The guy looked at me like I was nuts when I asked him what a Crunchy bar was.
    "Are tangerines really just oranges that didn't want it enough?" - Random Greeting Card

Level completed: 81%,
    Points required for next Level: 57
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    My Mood
    Relaxed

LOL Crunchy bars are yummy

I used to work for an American company and travelled to NY alot, I would ALWAYS get these huge orders for chocolate when they knew I was coming over. My Fathers sister and her family (my cousins etc), have lived in Houston, TX since the 80's and are also always getting everyone to send them chocolate.

Apparently, ours is way nicer, and after tasting choc there, I gotta agree lol. I heard that due to the difference in temperature over there, they need to put some other ingredient into it to stop it melting or something,...

Orders for chocolate anyone? lol
    -Peace
    Dan

Super Moderator
    Level completed: 38%,
    Points required for next Level: 312
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 312
    Achievements:
    Your first Group5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Goofy

Something dark with almonds in it, please.
    "Are tangerines really just oranges that didn't want it enough?" - Random Greeting Card

Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points500 Experience Points250 Experience Points100 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Check ;)

You're welcome to the almonds! Blah!
    -Peace
    Dan

stephen576

Quote Originally Posted by thatdoggirl View Post
    Cotton Candy??? If so, I LOOOOOVE cotton candy. Mmm!

I've never been to Europe but one day I'd love to travel all over Europe and try all the food. I want to know what real non-american food is like.
    So that what it is i love them yummy yummy.
    You want to try a Beef Burger over here because when i was in Vegas i had a burger and they had no salt in them i nearly puked and Barbecue sause is way too sweet apart from that your food is awesome.
    Oh you want to try fish and chips from Blackpool i live 23 miles from there.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OhManINeedCoffee View Post
    Cotton candy is WAY too sweet for me...but one thing I miss in the South are those little soft-serve ice cream stands. You'd think since it's so friggin' hot down here they have them all over. My biggest weakness is soft-serve ice cream. In those little cheap cones. Beautiful.

Went to a McDonald's in Ireland once and was surprised to see that they put different things in the McFlurry over there. The guy looked at me like I was nuts when I asked him what a Crunchy bar was.
    Its weird how food is served differently, i like how over in Miami you can go into a Burger KIing and fill your Pop up as often as you want, it was fun seeing people off the street just coming in to have a free drink, do they still do that ? lol

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dan72 View Post
    Orders for chocolate anyone? lol
    Hell yes count me in and the Famous HERSHEY Bar

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by OhManINeedCoffee View Post
    Something dark with almonds in it, please.
    Women and there famous Chocolate,what you like lol

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    My Mood
    Relaxed

LOL Stephen, I'm in the UK too so no idea what a Hershey bar is lol.

Mmmmm fish & chips,.... just made cottage pie otherwise I'd probably go get some!

Ooooh also, I remember going to the cinema with an ex from New York (in NY), when we went to get popcorn and drinks, this ENORMOUS sized jug was pointed out to me by the woman serving,.. "If you have one of these, you get a free refill" she beemed. Hmmm, I thought, if I were to drink my entire body weight in Diet coke, d'ya think I'd even want a refill?!?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Dan72; 05-25-2009 at 11:55 AM.
    -Peace
    Dan

stephen576

Quote Originally Posted by Dan72 View Post
    Ooooh also, I remember going to the cinema with an ex from New York (in NY), when we went to get popcorn and drinks, this ENORMOUS sized jug was pointed out to me by the woman serving,.. "If you have one of these, you get a free refill" she beemed. Hmmm, I thought, if I were to drink my entire body weight in Diet coke, d'ya think I'd even want a refill?!?!?!?!?!
    Lol I Know everything is bigger and better and i must say value for money, but sometimes like you said just too much but in a guilty pleasure good way naughty me.

The Hershey Bar ive heard about on many films in the 80's like Planes,Trains and Automobiles,Breakfast Club ect.. mostly John Hughes movies which i love.:1-he_he:

Steve.

suzie q

i need to send some hershey bars to you guys! my baby loves hershey bars with almonds...

we'll swap! you send me something i've never heard of and i'll send you something.

the lovelogic rules on so many levels...

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

ps...this might be mean, but the bigger portions are the reason obesity is not so uncommon here in the good ol usa. it's really crazy to see the difference in what we eat/drink as opposed to other countries.

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Achievements:
    Your first Group25000 Experience Points10000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

<-- Is currently stuffing the new OBESITY sized HERSHEY bars down his gullet!!

JUST KIDDING!!!

-SuperDave71
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

thatdoggirl

Quote Originally Posted by stephen576 View Post
    You want to try a Beef Burger over here because when i was in Vegas i had a burger and they had no salt in them i nearly puked and Barbecue sause is way too sweet apart from that your food is awesome.
    Oh you want to try fish and chips from Blackpool i live 23 miles from there.
    Awesome. If I ever find myself on the dream European vacation I want to go on one day then I'll def have to stop on by and we'll get some fish and chips. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by suzie q View Post
    ps...this might be mean, but the bigger portions are the reason obesity is not so uncommon here in the good ol usa. it's really crazy to see the difference in what we eat/drink as opposed to other countries.
    Yes, while it may seem nice to have big portions it kind of sickens me along with the fact that some places even offer the free refills. Maybe from a visitors view it seems like a great deal because they aren't around it all their lives but if you live in the US everyone is used to it and that's why the obesity is so high here because if they go to the movies people will pile up on the large popcorns and the big soft drinks.

It's sad when I order a small coke and it's bigger then I expected it to be.

JTV2008

This thread is hilarious. I've got this crazy program installed on my laptop (which I've tried to uninstall because it's a pain in the a$$, but can't) and what it does is it finds the caloric value of foods that may be listed on any given page I'm on and gives me a stupid pop up to tell me about it. Well, needless to say, it about exploded when I landed on this thread. LOL

:1-he_he:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information