Thread: A Quick Note About Our Site

Administrator
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Your first Group25000 Experience Points10000 Experience Points5000 Experience Points1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Lightbulb A Quick Note About Our Site

Everyone,

I have been noticing a trend lately and I want to bring this to your attention. Regardless if you are a veteran member or a newbie, theLoveLogic is NOT an ANSWER board. TheLoveLogic was created to give advice based on a "take it or leave it" idea so those seeking advice can make their own "best decison".

No matter what your situation I want you to understand that there isn't a manual that provides the answers to what it is you are looking for. We are an advice board. We have the best members around that have your best interests at heart. I want to make something perfectly clear. If you are hoping for a "If I do this, they will do this" board, you have come to the wrong place. These forums are filled with loving and caring advice by many members from around the the world and provided free of charge. I know it can be difficult to sometime gauge your own situation but I implore you to understand that human reactions are not so easily defined.

Everyone is different. We all react in different ways making us individuals. Flowers, candy, gifts and words are not in the mix to try to get an ex back or to try and win someones heart. TheLoveLogic is a combination of Love and Logic meaning if something doesn't work, try something different. We cannot help those that refuse to help themselves. If you are going through a difficult situation, trust me it will get better if you want it to.

There is no such thing as a quick fix.

A band-aide over a broken heart is not the answer and true love takes time.

Take a good look at yourself and ask could this have been prevented? What part could I do to make my current situation better or easier to deal with? Remember, you cannot change someone's mind just because you want them to. No matter what your situation, sometimes you own advice is better than what we provided because we are looking at your situation from a third party standpoint. We are also basing out advice on what is on the page rather than what it really is.

I want to thank everyone for making theLoveLogic a compassionate place. You are an incredible group of caring and giving individuals that give excellent advice. There is no wrong or right when it comes to advice. The advice provided is here for YOU to be the judge. No one is here to judge nor criticize your actions. We are here to help you and build you up and never tear you down.

No matter how you feel, we are here to help. Remember, we do not provide answers; we merely provide you things to think about in order for you to make your own logical decision.

-SuperDave71
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

Slick

Hope you don't mind me adding a few things here...from my point of view, the more details you write on your story, the better and complex opinions you will get. Don't mind the "I won't write a long post because nobody reads them till the end" ideea....I know sometimes it is hard to think back and face some situations or facts in order to write them down, but trust me that no matter how painfull it might be, acknowledging them will help you in the first place and all of us in the second as we will have a better understanding of the whole background and factors that led you to the point you are now.

I totally agree with Dave on all he said above...none of us can't help you if you are not willing to help yourself...Compassion and other people's care are powerfull drugs and you can easly become addicted on the comfort that the forum's members provide here , all this without changing your life in the meantime...Not to sound harsh, but many come and only present the part of the story that portaits them as the "Victim"...i hate to break it to you, but when it comes to relationships (with the abusive/agressive forms exceptions) nobody is a Victim , but a Volunteer ...you voluntered to enter it and you also become a volunteer if you choose to continue pass the break-up. We are not magicians, neither Holders of the Supreme Break-up Solutions ...we are just altruistic people that care one for another and share advices not commands

Cheers, Mike

suzie q

thank you! this was very necessary

i love this place!

Thread Information